Cleaning accessories play a vital role in your life when you use the products on a daily basis in schools, offices, and homes. Proper cleaning of the daily life accessories is important for us to enhance the product’s longevity by making it germ-free and removing its contaminations. Effective and safe cleaning procedures help your machine work better and efficiently, no matter if it’s cleaning airpods pro or simple earbuds.
How to Clean Airpods Case?
What Are Airpods?
Airpods are wireless, Bluetooth earpieces that are a huge development in technology. It gives longer Talktime, easy charging ability, and handsfree support. It comes in different varieties and different types with inexpensive to expensive costs. A quick, thorough understanding and knowledge of cleaning your AirPods and its case increase its functionality, life and make it hygienic and healthy for you. Proper cleaning can also help in eliminating nasty bacterial growth.
Dust And Dirt
Dust and dirt are the best friends of our machines. No matter if your machine is big or small, when we keep our AirPods case in pockets, purses, cars, and backpacks, it comes into contact with dirt and debris quite often. It can affect the efficiency of your AirPods. And it can travel from the outer surface of the AirPods case towards the inner side and can make its way to the machine. This dirt and dust can make your charging case look torn and broken. If you keep on prolonging the cleaning of your AirPods, it can largely affect the performance of your accessory quite badly.
Cleaning Your Airpods Case
Cleaning your AirPods case is as necessary as cleaning your appliances and AirPods themselves. Airpods have already entered our lives like a must-use daily life product. In order to make them long-lasting and to enhance their functions, you need to clean and clear them from every dust, dirt, or wax that can badly affect the functionality of your machine. Keep the charging case clean to increase your machine’s longevity. Be careful about the cleaning procedures you are using because if you clean the AirPods incorrectly, it can do more harm than good.
To enhance the efficacy of the charging case and renders its better charging capability for your AirPods, you can use the following method.
Steps to Clean Your Airpods Case
Materials to Use
- Soft-bristled brush or cotton buds
- Microfiber cloth
- Rubbing alcohol
- Dry cotton swabs
1. Interior Cleaning
- Start with cleaning the interior. Remove the AirPods from the case.
- Get a cotton bud or soft-bristled small brush. Make sure the pieces of cotton are not spreading easily. They should be tightly packed to the bud.
- Make this cotton bud dampened with isopropyl alcoholic.
- Use this cotton bud to clean all the interiors of the AirPods case, start with the inner side of the upper lid and move towards the middle of the case and finally clean the inner portion of the case thoroughly.
- Make sure not to touch the charging contacts present at the bottom harshly through the cotton swab.
- Be very careful about using these alcoholic buds down to the charging spots.
2. Exterior Cleaning
- After cleaning the interior part of the AirPods case, it’s time to clean the exterior part.
- Close the lid tightly, and use a microfiber cloth to wipe the outside of the case thoroughly.
- You can use isopropyl alcohol here, too, with a little dampened cloth to make dirt easy to remove.
- If there are stains over the outer part of your AirPods case, You can use a soft-bristled brush to rub the exterior with an alcoholic spray over the cloth.
- Lastly, make sure to clean the whole product using a dry cotton swab.
Be Careful About What Not To Do
- Be careful about using sanitizers on your AirPods or AirPods case.
- Try not to use any gel or wet foamy material. It can harm your AirPods case.
- Be sure to avoid any kind of moisturizer entering your AirPods or AirPods case.
- Be very careful about using the steps to clean AirPods as if you use the wrong method. It can give you irreparable damage.
- Avoid harsh surface cloths.
- Never use any form of compressed air (through the dryer) onto the AirPods, as it can push the dust or dirt to the walls of AirPods.
Related Buying Guide: Top-rated earbuds under $50
Why does my Airpods case get so dirty?
They are most probably to catch dirt because of the presence of wax in your ears. You can take care of your AirPods and their case by putting them in a small bag that should be waterproof and sealed.
Can Airpods case survive the washing machine?
No, Not at all. AirPods charging cases are mostly not sweat-free or waterproof in nature. You have to take care while traveling with your AirPods. If they get damped, it can affect their efficacy. Do check your pants and pockets before putting them in the washing machine.
Can I put Airpods in rice?
Don’t go with the rumors. It would be best if you did not put your AirPods in rice, as it can cause the bits of rice to enter into the small holes or sensitive areas of the AirPods case, which can harm your functionality of AirPods overall. Additionally, it would be best if you also avoid extreme temperatures for your appliances.
It would be best if you cleared your wireless earpieces in addition to clearing earbuds. It’s important to clean your charging case outside and inside to make them look new and fresh every time you use them. In this era of pandemics, you need to focus not only on cleaning but also on the hygienic conditions of your daily life items. Working with any kind of machinery is not difficult when you’re following appropriate advice. You can follow the instructions given above to ensure your AirPods and their case efficiently work for a longer time and be your companion for many years ahead. Proper cleaning and proper, accurate safety measures should be kept in mind while cleaning your AirPods case as small negligence can cause a big loss.