If you have recently bought the Sony wireless Bluetooth headphones and you do not have any clue how to pair and connect them with your other devices, then you are in the right place. Sony Bluetooth speakers have gained immense popularity after their release. They are comfortable and portable but have one problem: you need to know different ways to connect them to different devices.
How To Connect Sony Bluetooth Headphones
Sony has produced amazing noise-cancelling headphones recently and connecting to Sony’s gadgets is very easy and quick, but it does confuse the consumers initially as it does not have an obvious Bluetooth button to press and connect. This is a complete guide to explain how to connect Sony Bluetooth headphones to any device like a laptop, android, ps4, iPad, or TV.
How To Connect It To A Laptop
Connecting Your sony Bluetooth speaker to your Pc is very simple with the proper instruction. Follow what button to push and what steps to have on your laptop to connect and pair it properly.
- The first step is to make sure your Bluetooth headphones are turned off.
- Now you would see a power button on the headphones. Press and hold that button for almost 10 seconds or more.
- You have to press and hold it until the Led light on the headphone starts blinking red and blue light.
- On your laptop, click the start icon and search Bluetooth there. This step will vary according to the window you have.
- After searching, Bluetooth and other devices button will show up; click on it.
- The Bluetooth control panel will show up, turn the Bluetooth on there and then click on the “add Bluetooth” button.
- The next screen will show up. Click on the Bluetooth device there. The computer will do a scan for the nearby devices.
- Among the other devices, your Sony Bluetooth headphone model name will appear.
- Click on it; it will take few seconds to connect, but the headphones will be ready to use once it connects.
How To Connect It To MAC
- Turn on your Sony Bluetooth headphone by pressing and holding on the power-on button until the LED flashes the blue and red light.
- Place the headphone near your MAC.
- Power on your MAC, go to the lower part of the screen and click the system preference option there.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon and turn it on.
- The name of the devices will show up. Select your headphones model number out of them.
- Click on the connect option.
How To Connect To An Andriod
If you want to connect your Sony Bluetooth headphone to an android phone but don’t know how to do so, then follow these easy steps to enjoy your Bluetooth headphone wireless experience.
- Start with pressing and holding the power on button of your powered off Sony Bluetooth headphones.
- Keep pressing it until you hear a sound that is the pairing tone of the headphones, and at this point, the LED starts blinking red and blue as well.
- Now go to your android settings and select the Bluetooth menu.
- You will notice the names of nearby Bluetooth devices popping up.
- Click on the name of your Sony Bluetooth headphone device name.
- If you don’t see your device’s name, click on the search option at the end of the screen. Make sure to place your devices close to each other.
- With these easy and quick steps, you will find your devices connected.
How To Connect To An iPhone
If you are an iPhone user and want to learn how to connect your only Bluetooth headphones, follow these steps similar to the android one.
- The process starts with turning on the headphones. Press the power-on button and press it for a good 10 seconds, at least until you hear a pairing sound and blinking LED lights.
- Go to your Iphone’s settings.
- Click on Bluetooth. It will take a few seconds, but you will notice your device’s name showing up in the menu.
- Click on it, and it will pair up with each other.
- That’s it, and you are ready to use your Bluetooth headphone paired with your iPhone.
How To Connect To Ps4
This one is a bit technical. If you try to connect your Bluetooth headphones to your Ps4 manually by going to settings, clicking on Bluetooth, and connecting it. It is not going to work because Ps4 does not support Bluetooth devices unless it is Ps4 itself. To connect your Sony Bluetooth Headphones to Ps4, you have to follow some additional steps that are.
- You have to buy a Bluetooth adaptor first that will help you connect both the headphones and the Ps4.
- Start with turning on your Ps4. Get the headphone aux adaptor connector and connect it to the bottom of the PlayStation 4 controller.
- Take the USB doddle of the adaptor and plug it in the Ps4. You will notice a slow blue light blinking on the top of the USB.
- There will be a button on the top of the USB doddle, press it for few seconds. After pressing it for 3 to 4 seconds, you will the blue light flashing faster than before.
- The next thing to do is to check your headphone set is powered off fully. Please turn it on by pressing the power button for 8 to 10 seconds. It will put it on pairing mode, and you will see blinking LED light.
- After a while, you will notice the light on the USB will stop blinking along with the LED of the headphone. This means that they’re connected now.
- Now go to your ps4 settings and scroll down all the way down to click on devices.
- Here instead of choosing Bluetooth devices, click on audio devices.
- Once you click on Audio device, a new menu will appear with the top option of input devices.
- Click on a headset connected to the controller option
- Then go back and go to the output devices option.
- Click on USB headphone(USB audio device) option.
- This way, you can connect your Sony Bluetooth headphones to your Ps4.
How to Connect Sony Bluetooth headphones to the TV
Now with the facility of Bluetooth headphones, you can enjoy watching TV in your lounge without disturbing other people at home and watching it in silence. To connect Sony Bluetooth speakers to your Tv is very easy, but your TV must have an inbuilt Bluetooth facility; otherwise, these steps will not be valid. If your TV does not support Bluetooth headphones, you can follow other steps with an audio transmitter, which we will also explain in this article.
- Firstly turn on your Sony Bluetooth headphones by pressing the power button and holding it for few seconds to let the headphone ready to pair.
- Take your TV remote and go to the TV setting>sound>Bluetooth. Different models of TVs have different navigations, so follow this step according to your TV’s settings.
- Once you select the Bluetooth option, a screen will show with all scanned devices nearby your TV.
- Select your device’s name and enjoy the sound of your TV coming out of your Sony Bluetooth headphones.
Connecting To A Tv Without An Inbuilt Bluetooth
The steps to connect to a TV that lacks an inbuilt Bluetooth require a Bluetooth adaptor. This device will not just enable you to enjoy the Bluetooth headphones feature but also give you the flexibility to connect 2 Bluetooth headphone devices to the Tv simultaneously. Let’s see how to connect this device.
- First, turn your Headphone into pairing mode by pressing and holding its power button for few seconds. It will turn into pairing mode once you hear a sound and see blinking LED lights.
- Put on the headphones and plug the adaptor in and get it into pairing mode too. Touch the Bluetooth icon on top of the adaptor Device. It will start pairing in. It will give a pairing mode signal as well.
- Once connected, you will hear the signals through your headphones.
- Now connect the adaptor to the TV with an Aux , Rca, or digital optical cable.
- Change the audio signal on your TV to PCM.
- With these steps, you are ready to go.
Why can’t I connect my Sony Bluetooth headphones?
Most of the time, you are ready in a park to jog or on your treadmill to do your exercise; all in a mood, you take your Bluetooth headphones try to connect them with your phone, but oh no! it does not connect. You try repeatedly, but it does not show any response even after refreshing it multiple times because your headphones or the device you are trying to communicate with are already paired or connected with another device. Sometimes this happens that you forget to unpair your headphone with a previously connected device that is why you are unable to connect to the current one. To solve this problem, simply assure you disconnect with all the previously connected devices, refresh it, and try again.
Can I connect Bluetooth Headphone to multiple devices?
Although your Bluetooth headphone can be paired to multiple devices at the same time, they can not be connected to all of them at once. You will be able to receive the result from only one device at a time. So the answer is No, you can not connect your Bluetooth headphones to multiple devices simultaneously.
How do I put my Sony headphones in pairing mode?
Many people get confused about how to put the Sony Bluetooth headphones in pairing mode because it does not have a dedicated prominent button for it. But it is very simple. To put it in pairing mode, you have to use the power button. Press the power button on and don’t leave it. Hold on to the power button for 10 seconds; the headphones make a little sound signal which indicates that it is in pairing mode now. With the sound, it also flashes LED light.
Wrapping It Up
We have listed all the possible instructions for all the possible devices to connect Sony Bluetooth headphones with. By following these instructions, we hope you find your solutions and enjoy your only Bluetooth Headphone. Just ensure that your device is not previously connected to other devices as it will cause you inconvenience. Also, if you want to connect it back to your previous device, do not forget to disconnect it from the current device. These minor mistakes become the reason you can not connect your Bluetooth Headphones to any device.