When it comes to the connectivity of Headphones the most commonly used method is either wire or Bluetooth. Although Bluetooth has improved significantly and now there are noise cancelling headphones available as well still you might face pairing or connectivity problems sometimes. The thing which most of use look for is how to reset Bluetooth headphones, earphones or headset. So, after digging deep I’m going to mention some pretty easy ways so then you will know how to do the reset for top brands such as Bose, Beats, Sony, JBL, MPOW, Skullcandy, TaoTronics, LG, Bluedio, Jabra, Portronics and JVC. But lets look in to what is the reason which could lead to such connectivity issues and how can it be avoided easily.
- 1 General Headphones Resetting
- 2 Resetting Bose Headphones
- 3 Resetting Beats Headphones
- 4 Resetting Sony Headphones
- 5 Resetting JBL Headphones
- 6 Resetting Mpow Headphones
- 7 Resetting Skullcandy Headphones
- 8 Resetting TaoTronics Headphones
- 9 Resetting LG Headphones
- 10 Resetting Bluedio Headphones
- 11 Resetting Jabra Headphones
- 12 Resetting Portronics Headphones
- 13 Resetting JVC Headphones
- 14 Why Bluetooth Fails?
- 15 What Can You Do To Fix Pairing Failures?
General Headphones Resetting
In most cases the resetting pattern for headsets is pretty much same depending on the control options you have got in your headphone. So if you have volume buttons you might need to perform combination button press in order to get it resolved.
- Firstly make sure your headset is turned off. Then go for following options.
- If you only have power button – then usually you need to press and hold it for nearly 10 seconds in order to reset it.
- If you have volume button along with power button – then you need to press and hold power as well as volume +/- button simultaneously for up to 10 seconds.
- If you have call as well as volume button along with power button – then you might need to perform combination of power and call or call or volume button by pressing them for up to 10 seconds.
- If you have play/pause button – then you need to follow the above mentioned step as well.
Note: This could be used if you are looking for How to reset ONN Bluetooth headphones or How to reset Blackweb Bluetooth headphones as well as How to reset SoundLogic Bluetooth headphones . Follow for other brands.
Resetting Bose Headphones
Most of the Bose devices follow same protocol for clearing and resetting Bluetooth.
- Firstly you should power of your device
- Press and hold power button for about 10 seconds and then you’ll hear Bluetooth device list is cleared.
- Delete Bose headphones from Bluetooth list of your device and then the headphones are ready to pair again.
Resetting Beats Headphones
If you are facing charging or connectivity problems with your Beats headphone then try to reset them.
- Firstly press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds and then release it.
- The LED’s will blink white and then red.
- When the LED stops flashing the reset is finished.
- After successful reset your headphones will power on and you are able to pair them again.
- If resetting your Beats headphone doesn’t solve your problem try to troubleshoot or go for factory reset.
Resetting Sony Headphones
If your headset stops functioning properly then you have to go for factory reset which will delete all paired devices.
- Firstly turn the headset off.
- Press and hold the power button for more than 7 seconds.
- The blue light will flash for about 4 times then your headset is factory reset and all pairing information is deleted.
- If still it doesn’t work properly contact support or leave a comment below.
Resetting JBL Headphones
For JBL headsets its pretty much the same method to reset.
- Power off your headphones.
- Press and hold the power button for more than 5 seconds.
- The light will blink and then you’ll be notified.
- Pair it with any new device.
Resetting Mpow Headphones
When it comes to resetting Mpow Headphones for most products you can pair with up to two devices.
- Make sure the device is turned off by using power button.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- The LED light will indicate with white and red color.
- Once turned on again just go to the Bluetooth settings of your desired device and pair with Mpow Headphones.
Resetting Skullcandy Headphones
For Skullcandy it varies a bit for different products however its just a matter of different buttons.
- Turn of your headphones.
- Hold Volume + & center or power button for up to 5 seconds to reset the paired list again.
- Remove the devices turn it on again.
- Its ready to pair so just choose desired device and enjoy.
Resetting TaoTronics Headphones
As for TaoTronics it goes same with different LED colors.
- Firstly make sure the headphones are turned off.
- Then press and hold the power button for up to 5 seconds you’ll notice LED flashing blue slowly then tap twice to enter pairing mode, you’ll notice blue and red lights flashing alternatively.
- For any mode of TaoTronics – TT-BA07/TT-BA08/TT-BA09/TT-BA12, connect with desired device. Once its connected it will turn solid blue.
Resetting LG Headphones
With LG headphones some work with call buttons and for some its power.
- In this case keep the headphones on
- Press and hold the call button as well as volume up and down buttons until the light flashes steady blue.
- Once its done the device is reset and ready to be paired.
Resetting Bluedio Headphones
When it comes to Bluedio due to different products in the market it could vary just with volume or power buttons.
- Turn off the headphones.
- Press and hold the call button as well as the play/pause button. The LED will blink blue thrice.
- The device is reset and ready to be paired with new device.
Resetting Jabra Headphones
Well for Jabra I’ll discuss method with three different headsets because due to different buttons you might want better idea.
- For Jabra Extreme just hold down the Multifunction and volume buttons for up to 5 seconds and it’ll reset your headphone.
- Meanwhile for Jabra Street2 or BT3030, firstly turn off the headphone and press as well as hold the Answer/End button until the light flashes from blue to solid blue and then to purple. Once done your device is reset.
Resetting Portronics Headphones
Portronics is an Indian brand for speakers and headphones.
- Turn off and then turn on the headphones. For that you have to simply press and hold the Multifunction button for 3 seconds until the light flashes blue for 3 seconds.
- Delete the headphones from your cell phone’s paired list, restart your phone and re-pair the headset.
Resetting JVC Headphones
For JVC the procedure is pretty straightforward and shouldn’t take long.
- For pairing just hold power button until the light flashes red & blue. Keep the device within 1 meter. Turn on the desired Bluetooth device and enable pairing. You could also delete paired information on the Bluetooth device and pair again.
- For reset just hold power button for 15 seconds and it will reset the headphones.
Note: As I have mentioned under some sections some companies have variations for different products while resetting. Mostly the variation is between power and volume button.
Why Bluetooth Fails?
When it comes to Bluetooth connectivity issues it depends on both hardware and software so to keep it in check there could be several reasons causing that problems such as:
- Compatibility: In most cases Bluetooth is compatible. If your headphone supports Bluetooth 4.1 then it should be able to connect with device having older version of Bluetooth as well but if it has Bluetooth Smart then due to different protocols it won’t be able to connect with Classic Bluetooth. However Bluetooth 4.0 is labeled as Bluetooth Smart so if you have that or newer version then you are fine.
- Updates: Automatic updates on your tablet, mobile or computer could scramble Bluetooth settings as well. Which affects headphones connection as they need to be stable for smooth audio otherwise you may notice distortion, drop outs or inability to reconnect your device.
- Interference: Bluetooth uses radio frequency to pair different devices, if you are in high distortion zone such as near microwaves, poorly shielded electronics cables then you might face connectivity issues.
What Can You Do To Fix Pairing Failures?
These are the 15 ways to you could use to fix pairing issues for Bluetooth devices.
- Power: Make sure your devices are powered on. It seems like obvious thing but sometimes due to power saving mode or sleep mode you might need to double check it otherwise devices won’t sync.
- Compatibility: Make sure both the devices are compatible and support each other.
- Proximity: Normally Bluetooth devices remain pair for up to 30 feet. You’ll notice distortion so keep devices close to each other for better performance.
- Modes: Make sure airplane or power saving mode is turned off.
- Interference: Get away from any potential source of interference which might affect the Bluetooth connectivity.
- Updates: Make sure the Bluetooth version is updated.
- Charge: Some devices support smart power management due to which you might face connectivity issues if you have low charging. So keep it charged.
- Power: If you are unable to resolve the issue try switching off and then on.
- Settings: If you are unable to pair after trying different ways try to delete saved settings which might have been corrupted ans start fresh.
I hope this guide has helped you to resolve Bluetooth connectivity and pairing issues for your device. If I’ve missed anything or you’ve any issue as well as any suggestion please leave your feedback. Moreover, you can find great headset options under $20 here as well. 🙂