When it comes to the connectivity of Headphones the most commonly used method is either wire or Bluetooth. Although Bluetooth has improved significantly and now there are noise cancelling headphones available as well still you might face pairing or connectivity problems sometimes. The thing which most of use look for is how to reset Bluetooth headphones, earphones or headset. So, after digging deep I'm going to mention some pretty easy ways so then you will know how to do the reset for top brands such as Bose, Beats, Sony, JBL, MPOW, Skullcandy, TaoTronics, LG, Bluedio, Jabra, Portronics and JVC. But lets look in to what is the reason which could lead to such connectivity issues and how can it be avoided easily.
General Headphones Resetting
In most cases, to reset wireless headphones is pretty similar across brands. But you should pay attention to the control options you have got in your headphone. So if you have volume buttons you might need to perform combination button press in order to get it resolved.
- Firstly make sure your headset is turned off. Then go for following options.
- If you only have power button - then usually you need to press and hold it for nearly 10 seconds in order to reset it.
- If you have volume button along with power button - then you need to press and hold power as well as volume +/- button simultaneously for up to 10 seconds.
- If you have call as well as volume button along with power button - then you might need to perform combination of power and call or call or volume button by pressing them for up to 10 seconds.
- If you have play/pause button - then you need to follow the above mentioned step as well.
Note: This could be used if you are looking for How to reset ONN Bluetooth headphones or How to reset Blackweb Bluetooth headphones as well as How to reset SoundLogic Bluetooth headphones . Follow for other brands.
Resetting Bose Headphones
Most of the Bose devices follow same protocol for clearing and resetting Bluetooth.
- Firstly you should power of your device
- Press and hold power button for about 10 seconds and then you'll hear Bluetooth device list is cleared.
- Delete Bose headphones from Bluetooth list of your device and then the headphones are ready to pair again.
Resetting Beats Headphones
If you are facing charging or connectivity problems with your Beats headphone then try to reset them.
- Firstly press and hold the power button for about 10 seconds and then release it.
- The LED's will blink white and then red.
- When the LED stops flashing the reset is finished.
- After successful reset your headphones will power on and you are able to pair them again.
- If resetting your Beats headphone doesn't solve your problem try to troubleshoot or go for factory reset.
Resetting Sony Headphones
If your headset stops functioning properly then you have to go for factory reset which will delete all paired devices.
- Firstly turn the headset off.
- Press and hold the power button for more than 7 seconds.
- The blue light will flash for about 4 times then your headset is factory reset and all pairing information is deleted.
- If still it doesn't work properly contact support or leave a comment below.
Resetting JBL Headphones
Are your JBL Bluetooth headphones not turning on? Or perhaps you are having some other issue. For JBL headsets it is pretty much the same method to reset.
- Power off your headphones.
- Press and hold the power button for more than 5 seconds.
- The light will blink and then you'll be notified.
- Pair it with any new device.
You can also try pressing down on the "volume +" and "volume -" buttons so the headphones turn on. Try doing the process again several times if it does not work the first time.
Resetting Mpow Headphones
When it comes to resetting Mpow Headphones for most products you can pair with up to two devices.
- Make sure the device is turned off by using power button.
- Press and hold the power button for 5 seconds.
- The LED light will indicate with white and red color.
- Once turned on again just go to the Bluetooth settings of your desired device and pair with Mpow Headphones.
Resetting Skullcandy Headphones
To reset Skullcandy headphones it varies a bit for different products however it is just a matter of different buttons.
- Turn off your headphones.
- Hold Volume + & center or power button for up to 5 seconds to reset the paired list again.
- Remove the devices turn it on again.
- Its ready to pair so just choose desired device and enjoy.
Hopefully this shows you how to reset Skullcandy headphones. If you are still having issues, check their support page. Just pick your set of headphones and look at the FAQ.
Resetting TaoTronics Headphones
As for TaoTronics it goes same with different LED colors.
- Firstly make sure the headphones are turned off.
- Then press and hold the power button for up to 5 seconds you'll notice LED flashing blue slowly then tap twice to enter pairing mode, you'll notice blue and red lights flashing alternatively.
- For any mode of TaoTronics - TT-BA07/TT-BA08/TT-BA09/TT-BA12, connect with desired device. Once its connected it will turn solid blue.
Resetting LG Headphones
With LG headphones some work with call buttons and for some its power.
- In this case keep the headphones on
- Press and hold the call button as well as volume up and down buttons until the light flashes steady blue.
- Once its done the device is reset and ready to be paired.
Resetting Bluedio Headphones
When it comes to Bluedio due to different products in the market it could vary just with volume or power buttons.
- Turn off the headphones.
- Press and hold the call button as well as the play/pause button. The LED will blink blue thrice.
- The device is reset and ready to be paired with new device.
Resetting Jabra Headphones
Well for Jabra I'll discuss method with three different headsets because due to different buttons you might want better idea.
- For Jabra Extreme just hold down the Multifunction and volume buttons for up to 5 seconds and it'll reset your headphone.
- Meanwhile for Jabra Street2 or BT3030, firstly turn off the headphone and press as well as hold the Answer/End button until the light flashes from blue to solid blue and then to purple. Once done your device is reset.
Resetting Portronics Headphones
Portronics is an Indian brand for speakers and headphones.
- Turn off and then turn on the headphones. For that you have to simply press and hold the Multifunction button for 3 seconds until the light flashes blue for 3 seconds.
- Delete the headphones from your cell phone's paired list, restart your phone and re-pair the headset.
Resetting JVC Headphones
For JVC the procedure is pretty straightforward and shouldn't take long.
- For pairing just hold power button until the light flashes red & blue. Keep the device within 1 meter. Turn on the desired Bluetooth device and enable pairing. You could also delete paired information on the Bluetooth device and pair again.
- For reset just hold power button for 15 seconds and it will reset the headphones.
Note: As I have mentioned under some sections some companies have variations for different products while resetting. Mostly the variation is between power and volume button.
Why Bluetooth Fails?
When it comes to Bluetooth connectivity issues it depends on both hardware and software so to keep it in check there could be several reasons causing that problems such as:
- Compatibility: In most cases Bluetooth is compatible. If your headphone supports Bluetooth 4.1 then it should be able to connect with device having older version of Bluetooth as well but if it has Bluetooth Smart then due to different protocols it won't be able to connect with Classic Bluetooth. However Bluetooth 4.0 is labeled as Bluetooth Smart so if you have that or newer version then you are fine.
- Updates: Automatic updates on your tablet, mobile or computer could scramble Bluetooth settings as well. Which affects headphones connection as they need to be stable for smooth audio otherwise you may notice distortion, drop outs or inability to reconnect your device.
- Interference: Bluetooth uses radio frequency to pair different devices, if you are in high distortion zone such as near microwaves, poorly shielded electronics cables then you might face connectivity issues.
What Can You Do To Fix Pairing Failures?
These are the 15 ways to you could use to fix pairing issues for Bluetooth devices.
- Power: Make sure your devices are powered on. It seems like obvious thing but sometimes due to power saving mode or sleep mode you might need to double check it otherwise devices won't sync.
- Compatibility: Make sure both the devices are compatible and support each other.
- Proximity: Normally Bluetooth devices remain pair for up to 30 feet. You'll notice distortion so keep devices close to each other for better performance.
- Modes: Make sure airplane or power saving mode is turned off.
- Interference: Get away from any potential source of interference which might affect the Bluetooth connectivity.
- Updates: Make sure the Bluetooth version is updated.
- Charge: Some devices support smart power management due to which you might face connectivity issues if you have low charging. So keep it charged.
- Power: If you are unable to resolve the issue try switching off and then on.
- Settings: If you are unable to pair after trying different ways try to delete saved settings which might have been corrupted ans start fresh.
I hope this guide has helped you to resolve Bluetooth connectivity and pairing issues for your device. If I've missed anything or you've any issue as well as any suggestion please leave your feedback. Moreover, you can find great headset options under $20 here as well. Or check out the 9 Best Over Ear Headphones Under $50 In 2021, where we recommended Skullcandy headphones for their excellent bass.
- 1 General Headphones Resetting
- 2 Resetting Bose Headphones
- 3 Resetting Beats Headphones
- 4 Resetting Sony Headphones
- 5 Resetting JBL Headphones
- 6 Resetting Mpow Headphones
- 7 Resetting Skullcandy Headphones
- 8 Resetting TaoTronics Headphones
- 9 Resetting LG Headphones
- 10 Resetting Bluedio Headphones
- 11 Resetting Jabra Headphones
- 12 Resetting Portronics Headphones
- 13 Resetting JVC Headphones
- 14 Why Bluetooth Fails?
- 15 What Can You Do To Fix Pairing Failures?
Jeremy K says
Its a really good and comprehensive guide which applies to almost all brands but it would be great if you could also mention about resetting Taotronics brand especially TT-BA09. Thanks 🙂
Angelina H says
For some reason my JVC headphones won’t connect to my iPhone, I have tried all the options and I’m not sure why they dot connect. They also won’t connect with any of my other devices:p
Thanks for your feedback Jeremy! The content has been updated as per the model you’ve mentioned. I hope it’ll resolve your issue 🙂
RAFAEL LOUREDO CLARO says
Congratulations on the content of this page. I Really appreciate it. I know that is a lot to cover, all different brands and models, I was wondering if you could help me out with the Samsung Level U Pro. Eo-Bn920, I’ve been all over the internet searching for answers on how to make it work. When I turn it on, There is a blue light, and that’s it. Nothing seems to work.
Thanks for your feedback CLARO! The content will be updated soon to resolve the problem for specific model 🙂
jonas malla says
i tried reseting my sony wf-sp700n.the right earbud is not working and the red light on it is blinking when charged.the problem is international warranty doesnt work in my country.can u help me on that as its been only 10 days
Phillip Shepard says
Got a set of Elgin Ruckus headphones that seem to be stuck in pairing mode… Any suggestions?
Hi Phillip, would you be able to specify? Are you talking about Ruckus Discord Bluetooth Buds?
Anderson Frota says
Thanks for the info. Although, I couldn’t reset my JBL DUET NC. Is there any other way to reset JBL headphones?
Hi Anderson, could you please try pressing Volume – and + button simultaneously for nearly ten seconds and when you see LED blinking it means the headset now has been reset to factory settings. I hope this helps you and don’t hesitate to get back in case of any other query. 🙂
Francis Dimaano says
This really helps alot especially when you messed up with your bluetooth headphones from pairing and so the likes.
Manged to fix my bluetooth connection issue!
How do you reset otium headphones??
Hi I have a set of Sodo headphones and while I was using it, the music suddenly stopped but the headphone is still on and I can’t turn it off or pair it or reset it 🙁
Hi not sure if you can help. I have wincase ear buds. First it seemed like one wasn’t charging the other was working fine. Checked charging case which indicated dud one was fully charged. I could not turn it on. I tried resetting and now I can’t turn either of them on?
And the previously working one won’t charge either.
What about Pure Gear earpods?
Stephen Walker says
Thanks for the info.
I have a pair of Xgody S5.
They will connect separately but not together.
Mostly the left one is OK but the right will not pair, although a nice voice tells me it is.
There is a facility on the buds to work monoraly, then binoraly, but still no luck.
I’ve tried to reset, but don’t know whether it worked.
Any ideas, oh noble expert?
you did not put onn earbuds.
What I did for my ONN earbuds was turn them off, and press and hold the power button because it wasnt pairing for awhile. Got it on the bluetooth search.
I have JBL Tune600NC headset.
I manged to connect by Bluetooth to various devices as a phone and tablet.
Yet, my Sony Bravia tv set (‘smart’ tv) it persistently fails to connect to the headset, yet other devised successfully paired.
Muhammad Zohaib Imtiaz says
Bluedio T monitor headphones mic is not taking input but is recognized by my system on both windows 10 and android phone. there are only 3 buttons: power button, volume up and volume down. I really need help, I recently bought them.
Anton Biro says
Thanks so much I been looking for this!
Hello, my wireless tm-010 doesn’t fit in any of these answers above… I’m trying to disconnect it from another phone which I currently have no access to… Please help me… Txns a million
Hello, my Cshidworld wireless tms 01 left earbud display blue led light as it’s fully charged while charging but after I paired it works for 30 second then it turns off saying “battery low”. I tried to reset it by holding the power button for 15 sec but it doesn’t work, I don’t know how to fix it Please help…Thanks
Bashir Abdulaziz says
Mine, also shows fully charged, but works for 1minute and goes off
Bro, I have boat rockers 400 ,please tell how I reset it, I can’t pair with any device when I click for pair blue led turn off
Hi Bobby, have you used your headset with any other device earlier?
Riya patel says
I have Sony Headphones But I Press and hold the power button for more than 5 sec But Factory Dont reset is plzz help me to Solve my problem soon as posible thank you for Write this type of blog to us keep share this type of blog for us 😉
HUGE help! Thank you!
my problem is my af22w audiofly just kept showing red led light and wouldn”t go off
and i cant even connect to my phone it just shown red led just that please help me
Ethan Steiner says
Thanks for the info! My earbuds work just fine again.
I tried to reset my JVC (ha-s88bn) headphones but after 7 seconds of holding the power button it just goes into “Pairing mode” and it stays there.
Any other thoughts on how to reset it?
Tejas Durgavle says
Plzz show me the video now
Hi I have a jbl T500bt. I tried resetting my headset as you said, but the blue light didn’t stop flashing. My headset turns on, the white light is on but bluetooth doesn’t work. What can I do?
PS: My headset was working fine before charging
Abdus samad says
For some reason my JVC HA-S30BT headphones won’t connect to my Redmi 4x, I have tried all the options and I’m not sure why they dot connect. They also won’t connect with any of my other device
THANK YOU SO MUCH,for this info it really helped to my JVC,my headphones is pairing again.MERCI BEAUCOUP!
you need to press the power button in 10secs
Hi, does anyone know how to reset the Marshall Major II bluetooth? Thank you for your help
Please Tell how to reset JBL750BTNC, I’ve tried my times it’s not working
If you have any other method Please convey !!
bro your the best
win 10 doesn’t see in pairing mode
sometimes see but can’t pair them stuck on connecting…
Front wheels says
My Geeke G350 earbuds Keep cutting out but I dont know how to factory reset it.
Dorothy Ramey says
All of the info I’ve been getting on resetting headphones have referred to pressing and holding the power button. I own Audio Technica ATH-ANC700BT
that of course, have a sliding on/off switch. When I plug them in, the red charging light comes on but they are not charging and won’t power on. Please help!
Thanks in advance.